A registered office is a principal place of business activities, which in case of a company/LLP called its registered office. It is the official address of an incorporated company, association or any other legal entity. It is a part of the public record and is required where the registered organization or legal entity is incorporated.
A Company can change its registered office any time after acquiring Certificate of Incorporation and Certificate of Commencement of Business).
Registered office can be change in following ways:
- Shifting of registered office of the company within the local limits of the same city and place
- Shifting of registered office of the company outside the local limits of the same city and place
- Shifting of registered office of the company within the same state from the jurisdiction of one ROC to the jurisdiction of another ROC
- Shifting of registered office of the company from one state to another state.
General Reasons to Change of Registered Office :
- to carry on its business more economically or more efficiently
- to attain its main purpose by new or improved means
- to enlarge or change the local area of its operations;
- to carry on some businesses which under the existing circumstances may conveniently or advantageously be combined with the business of the company
- to restrict or abandon any of the objects specified in the Memorandum
- to sell or dispose of the whole, or any part, of the undertaking, or of any of the undertakings, of the company
- to amalgamate with any other company or body of persons